At MacReview.com the privacy of our visitors is of the utmost importance to us. On this page you will find an outline of the collection and use of personal information by MacReview.com, and our associated policies. You will also find details on the nature of the information we receive and the steps we take to safeguard it.
What information does MacReview.com collect?
- We collect information from you when you post a comment on the site, register to receive our newsletter, or participate in another site feature.
- Like the overwhelming majority of sites, MacReview.com collects non-personally identifiable information in its use of log files. We use logs to monitor site performance. The information inside log files includes, but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser type, incoming/exiting pages and details of visitor movements around our site. None of this information is personally identifiable.
How do we use your information?
- To personalize your interaction with our site, for example, by recognizing you as a previous ‘commenter’.
- To administer periodic deals and special offers.
- To deliver our email newsletter to those who opt in. Those who choose to receive MacReview.com email content are identified only by name and email address, details held confidentially on a secure network.
How do we safeguard visitor information?
We protect information via a number of security measures. Any personal information gathered is held behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons, each obliged to keep the information confidential.
How do you use “cookies”?
Cookies are small files that, if allowed by your browser settings, allow us to recognize your browser and receive certain information. They are used to allow our site to remember your previous interaction, for example, to speed up commenting.
You can choose to disable cookies in your web browser, or alternatively, receive notification each time a cookie is sent. Consult your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox) settings for more information.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. The term “outside parties” does not include our website hosting partner and newsletter distribution partner, both of whom uphold the same respect for confidentiality as MacReview.com itself.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be used for commercial, advertising and other purposes.
How can I opt out or modify information provided to MacReview.com?
Newsletter subscribers are identified by their name and email address. To opt out click the link at the bottom of any newsletter issue, or to modify your subscription name or email address, consult the ‘Questions and feedback’ section lower to reach us direct.
Third party websites
To enhance visitor experience we routinely supply ‘web links’ to third party sites not affiliated with MacReview.com. This may be, for example, a link to the website of a software maker or another publication. These websites have separate and completely independent privacy policies, and as a result MacReview.com holds no responsibility for the content of linked sites. However, we welcome feedback from our users on the nature of third party sites and strive, within reason, to only link visitors to quality third party material.
Google uses a DART cookie to serve advertising to users based on their visit to MacReview.com and other sites on the web. Visitors may learn more about the DART cookie, or opt out of its usage, at Google’s own advertising privacy page.
Cookies used by our advertising partners collect and utilize non-personally identifiable information to gain an idea of the products/services that interest you and to enhance ad targeting. MacReview.com has neither control over, nor access to the cookies and information used by third party advertisers. You should consult the repsective privacy policies of third party advertisers for more in-depth information on practices and procedures for opting out.
Questions and feedback
We welcome questions and feedback from visitors regarding privacy. Please use our form to submit your query.